At the TorrentFreak office we toyed with several ideas to form the basis of this list. The largest failures, victories, losses, innovations and so forth, but it seemed impossible to make a good selection without leaving some of the best stories out.
So instead we decided to go for the articles that our readers found interesting enough to discuss in volume; the most commented articles of 2010.
Below are the 25 most discussed articles of the year. It’s been an exciting ride, with many ups and downs, and we’d like to thank everyone who read and contributed for your support. Do you have a favorite that didn’t make the list? Feel free, as always, to comment below.
Happy New Year… We’ll report for duty in the morning.
3. OiNK Admin Found Not Guilty, Walks Free (January)
4. ACS:Law Anti-Piracy Law Firm Torn Apart By Leaked Emails (September)
7. Leaked Emails Reveal Profits of Anti-Piracy Cash Scheme (September)
8. BitTorrent Based DNS To Counter US Domain Seizures (November)
9. Senate Committee Passes Bill To Quash Pirate Websites (November)
11. The Pirate Bay Appeal Verdict: Guilty Again (November)
12. 4chan DDoS Takes Down MPAA and Anti-Piracy Websites (September)
15. 4chan to DDoS RIAA Next – Is This the Protest of the Future? (September)
16. LimeWire Resurrected By Secret Dev Team (November)
18. World’s First Pirate ISP Launches In Sweden (July)
21. Mulve – The Nightmare-Scenario Music Downloading Tool (September)
22. Demonoid Faces Major Downtime Once Again (April))
24. US Lawmakers Want to Quash Pirate Websites (September)
25. RIAA Wins Big Against File-Sharer, $1.5M for 24 Songs (November)